Next Monday 25th October 2021 at 14pm (GMT +2) the Climate Change joint webinar from ISCS (International Scientific Committee for Stone) & ISCEAH (International Scientific Committee on Earthen Architectural Heritage) will take place. The event will be held through the zoom platform where outstanding professionals from both committees, together with ICOMOS Focal Point for the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) and a representative of the ICOMOS Climate Change Working Group.
Program of the Joint Webinar from ISCS & ISCEAH
25 October 2021 – 14 PM (GMT+2)
Wellcome words by Takeshi Ishizaki (ISCS President) and Maddalena Achenza (ISCEAH President)
- Gabriel Caballero Focal Point for the SDGs ICOMOS – Sustainable Development Goals Working Group (SDGWG) Synergies, “Innovations and Sustainability of Heritage amidst the Climate Emergency”
- John Hughes ” A Brief Review of Climate Change Impacts on Cultural Heritage”
- Mariana Correia “Climate change impacts on World Heritage sites”
- Masoud Nakhaei “Traditional knowledge and adaptation to climate change in earthen heritage” “Assessment of vulnerability and site adaptive capacity to the risk of climate change: Tchogha Zanbil World Heritage earthen site, Iran”
Damage behavior, material scale:
- Sebastian Godts “Exploring the crystallization behavior of common salts mixtures toward better understanding of damage potential under climatic conditions”
Roof and protection:
- JoAnn Cassar ” Understanding the contribution of traditional roofs and building behaviour in a changing climate: a case study from the Mediterranean”
- Pamela Jerome “Flash flood-proof foundations of mud-brick tower houses in Wadi Do’an, Yemen”
- Marwa Dabaieh ‘Earthen vernacular and draught- Case from Siwa oasis in Egypt’
Museum and rehabilitation:
- Stefan Simon “The green museum – challenges in time of global change”
- William Megarry or represent, to address a final presentation of 15m, addressing: ways forward/ where could we go from now on.
You must be logged in to post a comment.